Are you a senior-level Houdini grooming artist interested in working on a new animated feature? Animal Logic is currently working on an unannounced Netflix animated feature. We need artists with the experience, passion, artistic, and technical ability to give the hair and fur of our characters life. Could this be you?
What you'll get to do:
• Interpret 2D designs, reference material, artistic direction and translate them into hair and fur while maintaining the original creative intent
• Help establish and maintain a consistent look for the project
• Assume responsibility for the assigned work
• Produce work to an appropriate quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline
• Maintain good communication with the Look-dev Leads and Supervisors
What you bring:
• 5+ years' experience working on feature films
• A passion and an eye for making beautiful CG objects and creatures
• Strong knowledge in developing complex procedural distribution tools in Houdini
• Highly developed skills with fur and feather grooming tools
• Production experience in a modern ray-tracing software package
• Strong technical and visual skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a highly dynamic team
• Excellent attention to detail
• A passion and an eye for making beautiful looking organic and hard surface CG assets, accompanied by a folio of work to demonstrate these abilities
• High proficiency in Mari, Mudbox, and Substance Painter will be considered a plus
What you'll need to include on your application:
• A showreel that includes stylized and photo-realistic work
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
• A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
• A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits includin g superannuation, emplo yee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81nj9-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.