Directed by Ron Howard and based on the children's book of the same name, ''The Shrinking of the Treehorns'' is a feature animation production with Paramount Animation, Imagine Entertainment and Animal Logic Entertainment.
A Houdini specialist, with extensive production experience, the FX Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of FX Artists and FX Support TDs through the artistic and technical aspects of high-quality micro and macro scale simulations.
What you'll get to do:
• Work closely with the Director, Production Designer, Art Director, CG Supervisor, and other craft Supervisors to define and maintain and influence the visual style of an animated film
• Oversee and drive the FX team to deliver creative goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard; provide detailed and specific feedback to the FX department
• Partner with Production Management to ensure milestones and efficient delivery expectations are met and identify any issues that may impact the schedule
• Ensure all FX bids are delivered in the required format and in a timely manner, including any necessary assumptions
• Supervise, define, implement and maintain the techniques and methodologies required to achieve the successful execution of the FX output for the film
• Understand department pipelines including all current assets and tools, and their purpose and provide input where required to maximise efficiency and quality
• Identify any inefficiencies and work with relevant departments and supervisors to rectify the issues
• Partner with Artist Management to build, nurture, mentor, and structure the FX team; work with recruitment to evaluate and interview candidates
What you bring:
• 7+ years' FX experience in feature animation, VFX and/or animated television
• 2+ years' in a supervisory role within feature animation or VFX preferred; extensive leadership experience may be considered
• Expert knowledge and proficiency in Houdini FX tools in a production environment such as
• Houdini: SOPs/DOPs/POPs essential
• Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
• Deep understanding of traditional animation techniques, i.e. squash and stretch, anticipation, and key framing
• Ability to craft non-photoreal FX, from a creative brief. Experience creating micro and macro scale FX will be an advantage
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
• Experience in leading a team; motivating artists, providing feedback and fostering a constructive team dynamic
In return, you will receive:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
• A chance to work on ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• Currently piloting a flexible work program, allowing Animals to work from home one day per week
• A world renowned working environment packed with clubs, activities and events
• A generous leave policy including paid 'Volunteer' days
• A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8y22-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.