Are you an FX Artist with a creative passion to define high quality looks for animated features, and the technical ability to build rigs in Houdini? We are looking for FX Artists to join our team in Vancouver!
What you'll get to do:
• Develop an understanding for the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
• Develop particle and fluid simulations with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
• Develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
• Understand the processes of adjoining departments (e.g. Lighting and Compositing) and communicate with these departments as needed
• Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
• Contribute creative feedback in reviews
What you bring:
• 3+ years' experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
• 3+ years' experience in working on FX and simulations using Houdini FX tools (Maya experience a Bonus)
• Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• Production experience using Houdini: SOPs/DOPs/POPs essential
• Production experience using Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
• Understanding of traditional animation techniques, i.e. squash and stretch, anticipation, and key framing
• Ability to craft Non Photoreal FX, from a creative brief
• Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
• Attention to design and artistic detail
• Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output.
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
• Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
What you'll need to include in your application:
• Complex and problem solving FX shot work
• Houdini simulations
• Any digital assets and setups you've contributed to, created or developed yourself
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvow5w-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.