Look Dev Artist
We are currently looking for a Facility Rigging Supervisor to support the Rigging departments across all of our productions at Animal Logic, globally.
The Rigging Supervisor is the artistic and technical leader, who, in partnership with the Asset Department Supervisor, and the Supervising Rigging TD, is accountable for the technical and artistic outcomes of the rigging department globally. The Rigging Supervisor is accountable for the deliverables of the rigging department and participates in ensuring consistency of quality and look across all productions.
What you'll get to do:
• Lead a team of Rigging Supervisors and artists, to develop, implement and maintain all rig deliverables to animation feature film standards
• Work with the Asset Department Supervisor and Project Rigging Supervisors to ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
• Partner with the Supervising Rigging TD to define required pipeline developments to create and maintain production pipelines that support Animal Logic's overall technical goals
• Partner with Artist Management to build, nurture, mentor, and structure the Rigging team and Rigging Leadership across both studios
• Encourage a positive and collaborative atmosphere by fostering an environment of respect, integrity, and trust
• Maintain a holistic view of the rigging pipeline, assisting with design and maintenance, ensuring a smooth and efficient pipeline for rigging CG assets
• Document new techniques and distributes updates to peers, crew and Production Management.
• Partner with the Project Rigging Supervisor to ensure milestones and delivery expectations are met, and to implement a schedule that ensures the department delivers on time
• Maintain common bid templates and bid for pitches as required
What you bring:
• 10 years' experience in a supervision or lead position on feature films and/or animated features
• 5 years' experience in a supervisory role within feature animation or VFX
• Experience in leading a team, motivating artists, providing feedback and fostering a constructive team dynamic
• Expert knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions and common practice
• Expert knowledge of mechanical and organic rigs in a production environment
• Proven production knowledge in OOP in Python and learning/working to proprietary APIs.
• Proficient and production proven knowledge of rigging in Maya
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.