Are you a Facial Blendshape Artist interested in working with us on our upcoming animated feature? The Facial Blendshape Artist will use Maya and our proprietary blendshape tools to assimilate input from Art and Animation and bring our characters to life.
What you'll do:
• Work with Animation, Art, Rigging and Modeling to create a suite of 300+ blendshapes to be used as a fully-functional facial rig for multiple human and non-human stylized characters
• Provide feedback to Modeling regarding topology issues, and suggest improvements that would facilitate better performance/results
• Prepare and present facial range-of-motion tests to Animation, and incorporate any feedback back into the shapes
• Work within the existing blendshape pipeline and suggest any areas for further development
• Mentor other artists who may assist with creating and/or maintaining facial blendshapes
What you'll bring:
• 3+ years of facial blendshape experience in feature films or high-end television work
• Familiarity with FACS or similar shape-driven facial performance system
• Prior experience working in a feature film pipeline; feature animation preferred
• Proficiency creating facial blendshapes as demonstrated by past project work and/or demo reel
• Ability to work within the animated, stylized aesthetic of the show
• Proficiency in Maya in general and Maya's blendshape capabilities in particular
• Solid understanding of topology, edge flow and polygon density
• A strong drive to bring inanimate characters to life!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm58jm-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.