Are you a Digital Resource Administrator interested in working with us? The Digital Resource Administrator is responsible for ensuring render jobs within production are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The Digital Resource Administrator will work with the Digital Resources Lead to assess various types of renders before the final output to film and video.
Please note that this position includes variable shift work.
What you'll get to do:
• Work with artists on the delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for an animated feature film
• Work with production to identify priorities and creative solutions to render concerns
• Where appropriate, provide ideas to assist in developing and refining efficiency of Animation and Render pipelines
• Act as point of contact for production to communicate render and data needs
• Monitor render queues and respond to identified errors/faults when required
• Diagnose rendering problems in conjunction with the artists and production
• Manage render farm resource allocations, including people and systems
• Escalate render pipeline faults in a timely manner and ensure follow through
• Analyse and report system failures to System Administration
• Ensure team monitors critical systems in Zabbix/Grafana
• Work with Systems Engineering Group to ensure optimal setup and performance of render farm, networks and storage
• Provide general technical support to other Technical Resources divisions as directed
• Work with production teams to construct and implement render and data clean up policies
• Facilitate and monitor the global syncing of assets between sites
• Work with the equivalent team in the other global site/sites
What you bring:
• Previous experience in an Animation/VFX studio is ideal
• Knowledge of animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Python, Nuke
• Familiarity with most basic system artist tools and processes
• Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
• Familiarity with artist scripting languages (eg. Perl, Python)
• Strong client service and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve with competing deadlines
• Ability to work within a strong team environment
• Previous experience in a digital artist support position would be a bonus
• Knowledge of computer graphics or rendering experience is a bonus
• University degree in animation/VFX is preferred
• Interest in computer animation and visual effects is an asset
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw85yn-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.