Senior IT Support Analyst
Working closely with other Technical Resources divisions and end users, the Digital Resource Administrator will ensure the render-queuing system (farm) is constantly monitored to help achieve efficient and trouble-free rendering. They are also responsible for safeguarding and manipulating (data) assets and providing a range of data management services to Production.
Please note that this position includes variable shift work.
What you'll get to do:
• Work with artists on the delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for an animated feature film
• Work with production to identify priorities and creative solutions to render concerns
• Where appropriate, provide ideas to assist in developing and refining efficiency of Animation and Render pipelines
• Act as point of contact for production to communicate render and data needs
• Monitor render queues and respond to identified errors/faults when required
• Diagnose rendering problems in conjunction with the artists and production
• Manage render farm resource allocations, including people and systems
• Escalate render pipeline faults in a timely manner and ensure follow through
• Analyse and report system failures to System Administration
• Ensure team monitors critical systems in Zabbix/Grafana
• Work with Systems Engineering Group to ensure optimal setup and performance of render farm, networks and storage
• Provide general technical support to other Technical Resources divisions as directed
• Work with production teams to construct and implement render and data clean up policies
• Reporting on disk-space usage, and allocating quotas, for individual productions
• Turnovers and deliveries of external media
• Project archival, and corresponding data restores
• Backup and off-siting strategies
• Facilitate and monitor the global syncing of assets between sites
• Work with the equivalent team in the other global site/sites
What you bring:
• 2+ years' experience working in a VFX/Animation production environment
• 1+ years' experience monitoring render queues and diagnosing rendering problems
• Previous experience in a digital artist support position within a Linux environment
• Knowledge of animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Nuke
• Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
• Familiarity with artist scripting languages (eg. Perl, Python)
• Strong client service and communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve with competing deadlines
• Ability to work within a strong team environment
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
• Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
• Paid 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j1y1-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.