Do you have experience supporting modelling, surfacing or rigging artists? Do you consider yourself to be a proactive problem solver?
We're looking for an Assets Assembly Artist to join our crew on the animated feature film, The Shrinking of the Treehorns ASAP. This role is best suited to junior artists looking to project their career in animation and/or VFX.
Joining us, you will be responsible for maintaining the flow and assembly of assets from modelling, rigging and surfacing, working closely with the applicable department Supervisors and Leads. You will assist with delivering assets to production, manage delivery notes, organise and name fragment and entities creations, and troubleshoot and debug failed deliveries. You will also work closely with the Department Supervisors and Leads to help establish a successful process structure for the artists.
What you bring:
• 1 + years' experience on an animated/VFX feature, TV commercials or animated series as a Technical Assistant
• Proficiency in software packages such as Maya, Houdini and others applicable to assets creation in a film, TV or Animated features
• Experience supporting modelling, surfacing and or rigging artists
• Experience with assets pipeline
• Programming experience in Python is a bonus
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
• Paid 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke38k-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.