Los Angeles, CA
The Web Design Coordinator is responsible for executing and maintaining electronic communications for all AFI programs and audiences. Additionally, the Web Design Coordinator supports the creative strategies and campaigns for, but not limited to, AFI’s website and web content, with an understanding of design translation from print to social media and web uses.
• Review, update and maintain website content across AFI websites using Wordpress.
• Execute and maintain e-mail newsletters and system for AFI programs and audiences.
• Work with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other analytics tools to improve SEO.
• Identify website issues and make recommendations on how to quickly resolve the issues
• Collaborate with the Director, Web Services, Director, Marketing and Communication and Director, Creative Services to optimize Web functionality, site architecture, user interface and navigation.
• Understand the creative and marketing objectives for each project assigned and ensure deadlines for assigned projects are met.
• Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
• Work with the Director, Creative Services and Director, Web Services to determine AFI’s creative digital direction and contribute to ongoing evolution and maintenance of visual web style guide.
• Collaborate with and incorporate direction from AFI departments and programs.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring all are completed within the deadline date.
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
• Proofread work for spelling and grammar to ensure accuracy and clarify of the final copy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
· Demonstrated understanding and/or use of Wordpress site with the ability to add, modify and delete pages required.
· Basic HTML/CSS experience with the ability to debug.
· Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities, coupled with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency with Software Applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, BBEdit, FTP, MS Office, all browser suites, OS X, Windows.
· Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
· Ability to collaborate with all departments/levels of the organization and outside third parties in a highly professional manner.
· Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
· Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
· Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
· Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Web Design Coordinator performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Web Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d229q6-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.