Senior Unscripted Creative Executive, International Formats
Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios has an opening for an experienced television executive to look after the creative demands of unscripted series. The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a seller (producer/studio) or buyer/commissioner (network) in both development and production along with a deep knowledge the creative and business issues in bringing programs from idea to launch. Must have proven creative instincts selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting successful UNSCRIPTED projects as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationships. This position will be based in Mexico City and will report to the Head of Mexican Originals.
Oversee assigned shows and oversee and own 1) development including evaluation of source material, concept and character development as well as business matters such as deals with key parties and 2) current and production matters including staffing of showrunners, directors, field producers and editor, and be available to travel to domestic and international locations for pre-production, production and post-production, seeing projects through from idea to delivery.
• Manage relationships with talent and key partners.
• Exercise excellent creative and business judgement, especially in spotting the potential in ideas.
• Build relationships with creators, directors, producers, production companies, artist representatives and creative community.
• Understand the nuts and bolts of production and production management.
• Participate in all aspects of preproduction, production, and post from budget and casting to production issues in the field, to final delivery.
• Manage and supervise creative production when series are greenlit.
• Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon's quality and creative standards.
• Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years as a Unscripted Creative Executive or Senior producer in a proven production company or network
• 5+ years with previous Development, Production and/or Current Programming experience in the various genres of Unscripted Television (docu-reality, competition, talkshow, etc)
• Experience within television and media industry in general and in MX in particular
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• Self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team and alone
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with a high volume workload
• Strong writing and excellent communication skills
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Creative problem-solver
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.