Content Acquisition Manager
Culver City, CA
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; LATAM-produced hits like LOL: Last One Laughing, De viaje con los Derbez, Soltos em Floripa; and popular and award-winning movies like Borat 2 and The Big Sick.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking a Senior Release Strategy & Planning Manager to be a part of the Amazon Studios team. The Global Programming Strategy team owns the strategic perspective on overall programming and scheduling across originals and licensing. The group builds the portfolio and schedules originals and licensed programs to drive service-level customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. The team focuses on what our content portfolio is missing over the short, medium, and long term as well as audience priorities. The output is directing our development pipelines as we look to close gaps over a three-year horizon, and mechanizing licensing or other outputs in the case we have near-term shortfalls.
This role will be a critical leader within the Global Programming Strategy organization and will drive international expansion of release planning, primarily in Latin America, Canada, and Australia. This position will be the cornerstone between creative development, content acquisition, content strategy, production, post, marketing and publicity to drive the most customer obsessed schedule and be the main driver of its markets' release calendar. Specifically, this role involves diving deep on the audience goals of each title, and maximizing their success through release strategies in combination with the entire portfolio. Developing the milestones and launch schedule for shows, working with stakeholders to ensure timely and successful delivery of our productions, creating innovative release strategies and mechanisms, leading cross functional teams, and diving deep on our decisions through post mortems are key for the success of this role. Senior Release Strategy Managers contribute cross functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• Establish TV series and Movie release dates, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives and audience goals for its markets' Amazon Originals. Key markets currently include Canada, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, and Peru.
• Translate service- and audience-level priorities into actionable release strategies for our growing slate of titles
• Author business documents and reports to communicate state of the business or recommend new content business initiatives
• Conduct analysis of tradeoffs, financial impact and service level metrics to make optimal release schedule decisions
• Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to management on weekly/monthly basis
• Work cross functionally with the US/global release strategy stakeholders, senior leaders, creative development, content licensing team, research, production, post, finance, marketing and legal departments to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, marketing, film/television, STEM, or related fields
• Extensive experience leading large-scale programs/projects with high impact in business, technology, finance, marketing, entertainment, or related fields
• A passion for content, technology, brands, digital media, and digital video
• Master's Degree in Business Administration degree or equivalent experience is preferred
• A working knowledge of the TV/film industry and emerging global trends
• Experience working across multiple locales
• Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
• Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Nice to have, but not essential: Expertise in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills (working knowledge of statistics, A/B testing, and data science); ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and to build data-driven analyses that answer those questions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss business and technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.