Local Originals - Scripted Development Executive
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr Production Executive to support Amazon Studios' original productions, co-productions, and licensed programs in Australia. This role requires excellent organizational skills to manage a number of tasks from setup through wrap of a Production. The Production Executive is a key interface with both internal and external stakeholders at the studio and show level.
Oversee projects in development and production for scripted content.
• Collaborate with show producers, line producers, production managers and creative executives and offer assessments on budgets, production plans, and schedules. Includes feedback on production risks and/or options that can impact staying on budget and schedule.
• Work with internal teams, including post operations and development, to develop budgets and schedules.
• Travel to set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems.
• Analyze budgets and cost reports.
• Drive projects from beginning to delivery
Act as a liaison from producers to the Studio.
• 8+ years of experience in physical production of scripted content
• 2+ years of experience managing series for cable or streaming video services
• Experience managing budgets and cost reports for productions on all sizes of productions.
• Experience dealing with high profile talent.
• Experience with local guilds and unions
• Experience working on international productions
• Able to recognize an opportunity or need based on industry expertise.
• Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Tactful yet analytical skills in order to drive multiple relationships.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.