Do you want to play an instrumental role in transforming the future of entertainment? Here's your opportunity! Amazon Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Regina King's One Night in Miami, Rihanna's Savage x Fenty, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Prime has hundreds of millions of customers who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view. We are working to develop leaders and shape future talent pools to help us meet the needs of our customers around the world. We recognize and celebrate diverse perspectives come from many sources including gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, culture, education, as well as professional and life experience.
We are seeking a Sr. DEI Industry Programs Manager (Director to AVP-level equivalents in Hollywood) to be a part of a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) executive team, which covers both Amazon Studios' original content and licensed studio programming, Prime Video Service and IMDb. The core mission of the DEI Team is to ensure diverse representation of talent (in front of and behind the camera, above and below the line); working to dismantle longstanding barriers to success in the Industry and inspecting our processes so we do not create or perpetuate inequities; and telling inclusive narratives and marketing those stories to a globally diverse audience. This is done by analyzing the competitive marketplace, working with senior executives to set strategy, monitoring market-by-market and cohort-by-cohort performance, leading business planning, routinely re-evaluating current assumptions, data and processes, and pro-actively identifying new opportunities to excel or differentiate, and craft timely, detailed and actionable recommendations. In addition, this team will be leading and analyzing new business and partnership opportunities in the content space. This role will report to the Executive Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and work across the Amazon ecosystem.
You will provide strategic leadership to our Industry Programs which include 1) Content Consultation, 2) Industry Pipeline Programs (e.g. Mid-Career Writer, Showrunner, Line Producers) and Howard Entertainment. Content consultation includes greenlight and pre-production assessments, helping show teams secure third party consultative services and surfacing talent for key Above the Line and Below the Line positions. Industry Pipeline programs are intended to surface industry blockers and helping underrepresented talent overcome those obstacles to ensure there is diverse representation in key industry positions that have the ability to influence hiring cast and crew. Howard Entertainment is Amazon Studios' flagship program and requires interacting with our external partners - Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Tribal Colleges, other entertainment industry partners, and community based organizations to run programs that provide access and exposure to underrepresented and under-served student populations. You will be responsible for managing a junior Program Manager as well as the overall relationship with key stakeholders. You will regularly report out on KPIs and success metrics and report those to key stakeholders.
Candidates should be brilliant, great with data (but better with people), independently-motivated (but great at collaboration), equipped with strong opinions (but willing to change their minds), ambitious and be driven to change the media-tech landscape.
Key activities include:
• Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives
• Work with Higher Education Partners to influence Program and University curriculum
• Negotiate contracts and manage budgets
• Create shared goals with Higher Education Institutional Partners, reporting on key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to on weekly/monthly basis
• Author business documents and reports to communicate state of the business or recommend new content business initiatives
• Work cross functionally with the content licensing team, original production teams, research, production, finance, marketing and legal departments to structure the program(s) and identify placements
• Manage junior Program Manager
• Represent the Head of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion in key meetings with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• 7+ years experience delivering cross functional projects or 5+ years of experience with an MBA
• 7+ years experience in program or project management or 5+ years of experience with an MBA
• Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
• Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
• Experience defining and executing against program requirements
• Must have 7+ years of previous entertainment experience in film or television.
• while passion is appreciated this role is about delivering system & mechanisms that drive inclusive content.
• Bachelor's degree is required
• Experience working with Minority Serving student organizations, colleges and/or universities
• Experience working with students and young people
• Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of projects.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Anticipate bottlenecks and resolve conflict.
• Maximize resources with the best interest of the organization in mind.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1qmw-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.