Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon. Prime Video is seeking a creative, savvy and analytically-minded, content acquisition manager to join its SVOD content acquisition team who will help execute our content acquisition strategies with key US/Hollywood and local South African partners for our Prime Video service in Sub-Saharan Africa, SSA (e.g., South Africa, Nigeria, etc.).
The successful candidate will support the Content Acquisition Management team to define and execute content selection goals for SSA and will review the outcome/results of past decisions, using this to inform future acquisition decisions which feed into the larger strategic team vision. He/she should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the local content broadcast landscape in Africa (including nuances) and have strong analytical skills with the ability use analytics to uncover data points which prove or disprove given hypotheses to drive decision making. He/she should be able to prioritize and manage senior team expectations and have the ability to work well under pressure with a keen eye for detail, whilst maintaining healthy and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, written and verbally is also critical to this role.
Key job responsibilities
• Support key areas of the content acquisition strategy for licensed content categories on Amazon's Prime Video service in SSA with a focus on licensing US/Hollywood and South African content
• Contribute ideas to forward-looking content strategy, budgetary considerations and consequently, recommend content for acquisition to senior leadership.
• Understand and support the acquisition process, sourcing, evaluating financial analysis, forecasting and technical requirements for launching local content to reach Prime Video's goals SSA
• Use behavior, usage and consumption data to inform team decision-making.
• Manage relationships with key local content providers/producers and collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Marketing & PR, Finance, Operations, etc.) in support of senior leadership decisions
• Solve time sensitive issues using the range of tools available at Amazon or via your own methodology to improve on our processes
• Provide recommendations and team input to Improve processes.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Culver City, CA, USA
- 7+ years of account management, business development, content licensing or finance experience
- Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with end-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
- Content licensing, content acquisition or content distribution experience
- Knowledge of database query technologies (SQL)
- Experience with brand client measurements, goals and return on investment requirements
- Prior experience working in the sub-Saharan Africa media & entertainment industry
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $102,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $189,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqek2x-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.