This role will be a key leader within Amazon Studios, supporting rapidly expanding free ad-supported television businesses at Freevee, formerly IMDb TV and Prime Video. This Senior Content Acquisition Manager will negotiate to acquire content from players across the broader video content industry, including major movie studios, news organizations, sports leagues and media companies. The position will have direct responsibility over securing deals for content and will have significant internal visibility across functions and businesses within Amazon's video ecosystem, requiring regular collaboration with product, ad tech & ad sales, finance, legal, content production and creative & programming partners.
Key job responsibilities
• Negotiate directly with external partners to acquire and launch free, ad-supported content.
• Collaborate with internal partners to bridge any gaps with internal & external partners and remove roadblocks to deal agreement
• Lead content expansion recommendations, with an eye towards bringing the best new content to Amazon and creating the leading free, ad-supported television offering in the marketplace
• Inform senior leadership on progress in the context of customer engagement, revenue / profitability, and broader service-level impact, telling stories rooted in data and analysis
• Take on our customers' mindset, showing ownership over our customer experience by recommending enhancements across content, product and merchandizing
About the team
The team owns free, ad-supported content acquisition, with content appearing across Prime Video and Freevee, formerly IMDb TV. The group builds the content pipeline and maintains relationships with content partners across the entertainment industry. The team uses customer insights and content performance to inform priorities, and its output is a content pipeline and resulting deal flow.
This role will sit in either New York City or Los Angeles.
• 7+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Excel
• Communication skills to interact and influence across a wide number of internal and external stakeholders
• Comfort telling stories and driving decisions with data (customer engagement, financial)
• Ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks based on what will create the most customer impact
• Ability to own a number workstreams, including a comfort with ambiguity and the ability to create initial hypotheses
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqy23z-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.