Senior Media Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, El Presidente, Bread and Circus, LOL: Last One Laughing and De Viaje Con Los Derbez. The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, and localization of series and movies globally.
Amazon Studios is looking for a Senior Post Production Executive to support unscripted series projects produced in Mexico and the rest of Spanish-speaking Latin America from our Los Angeles office. This includes maintaining schedules, following up on outstanding deliverables, and organizing assets for delivery to Prime Video. The role will coordinate with third-party vendors on work related to the editing and versioning of assets, ensuring the highest quality standards, tracking expenditures for all production department related work orders, and distributing assets for Public Relations, Marketing, and International Localization needs. This role will work directly with our Content Licensing and Development teams in Mexico City and Miami. This role will also be responsible for evaluating new post-related products and providing thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including potential vendors, archival solutions, and new technologies.
Key job responsibilities
• Oversee on-time delivery and on-budget execution for all series projects in development, production, and post production for unscripted content
• Oversee and approve post-production budgets, bids, and schedules
• Make recommendations and vet series staff and vendors
• Negotiate and finalize deals for post services
• Liaise with Unscripted Post Production teams in Los Angeles, Latin America and Europe
• Coordinate with production and development departments to assess scope and challenges of projects
• Collaborate closely with internal Localization, Mastering, and Technology teams in preparing unscripted series global releases
• Engage with Marketing, Public Relations, and Prime Video team members to deliver assets
• Evaluate technical workflows
• Travel as required in support of show planning and execution
• 10+ years of experience as a post producer or post executive
• 5+ years of experience in budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• 10 + years of experience as Post Producer/Post Executive or the equivalent
• 5 + years of experience in budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• Experience managing relationships with sound, editorial and finishing post facilities
• Proficiency in Spanish and English
• Effective written and verbal Spanish and English communication skills
• Experience in various television and film post production environments
• Experience with scheduling post vendors and creating delivery schedules from the beginning to end of production cycles
• Experience with delivery of assets to studios
• Experience with variety of digital media workflows
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types
• Experience with international subtitling and dubbing workflows
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Organized and with great attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
• Good judgment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98v64-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.