Post Coordinator, Scripted
Santa Monica, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, and localization of series and movies globally.
We are seeking a Senior Post Production Executive to support scripted series projects produced in the United States from our Santa Monica and Culver City offices. The Senior Post Production Executive will track progress and manage the delivery of all assets from third-party productions to Amazon Studios. This includes maintaining schedules, following up on outstanding deliverables, and organizing assets for delivery to Prime Video. The role will coordinate with third-party vendors on work related to the editing and versioning of assets, ensuring the highest quality standards, tracking expenditures for all production department related work orders, and distributing assets for Public Relations, Marketing, and International Localization needs. This role will work directly with our Domestic Content Licensing and Development teams. This role will also be responsible for evaluating new post-related products and providing thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including potential vendors, archival solutions, and new technologies.
• Oversee on-time delivery and on-budget execution for all series projects in development, production, and post production for scripted and unscripted content
• Oversee and approve post-production budgets, bids, and schedules
• Vet series staff and vendors
• Negotiate and finalize deals for post services
• Liaise between producers and Amazon Studios teams
• Coordinate with production and development departments to assess scope and challenges of projects
• Collaborate closely with internal Localization, Mastering, and Technology teams in preparing scripted series global release
• Engage with Marketing, Public Relations, and Prime Video team members to deliver assets
• Evaluate technical workflows
• Travel as required in support of show planning and execution
• 10+ years of experience as a post producer or post executive
• 5+ years of experience in budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• Experience in various television and film post production environments
• Experience with scheduling post vendors and creating delivery schedules from the beginning to end of production cycles
• Experience with delivery of assets to studios
• Experience with variety of digital media workflows
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types
• Experience with international subtitling and dubbing workflows
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
• Good judgment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.