Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag, The Boys and LOL (Last One Laughing) Australia. The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, and localization of series and movies globally.
We are seeking a Senior Post Production Executive to support local originals movies projects produced in Japan from our Tokyo office.
The Senior Post Production Executive will track progress and manage the delivery of all assets from third-party productions to Amazon Studios. This includes maintaining schedules, following up on outstanding deliverables, and organizing assets for delivery to Prime Video. The role will coordinate with third-party vendors on work related to the editing and versioning of assets, ensuring the highest quality standards, tracking expenditures for all production department related work orders, and distributing assets for Public Relations, Marketing, and Localization needs. This role will work directly with the Content Licensing and Development teams in Los Angeles and Seattle.
The position will be the main point of contact in Japan for the Operations teams in Los Angeles and Seattle. This role will also be responsible for evaluating new post-related products and providing thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including potential vendors, archival solutions, and new technologies.
Key job responsibilities
• Oversee on-time delivery and on-budget execution for all local originals movies projects in development, production, and post production
• Oversee and approve post-production budgets, bids, and schedules
• Vet series staff and vendors
• Liaise between producers and Amazon Studios teams
• Coordinate with production and development departments to assess scope and challenges of projects
• Collaborate closely with internal Localization, Mastering, and Technology teams in preparing for scripted series global releases
• Engage with Marketing, Public Relations, and Prime Video team members to deliver assets
• Evaluate technical workflows
• Travel as required in support of show planning and execution
• 8+ years of experience as feature post producer/post executive or the equivalent
• Experience with budgeting, scheduling, and implementing feature workflows
• Experience managing relationships with sound, editorial, and finishing post facilities
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Organized and with great attention to detail
• Understanding of budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• Post and editorial problem-solving ability
• Experience in various television and film post production environments
• Experience with scheduling post vendors and creating delivery schedules from the beginning to end of production cycles
• Experience with delivery of assets to studios
• Experience with variety of digital media workflows
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types
• Experience with international subtitling and dubbing workflows
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information can be provided individually prior to the 1st interview
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72039-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.