Post Mastering Ops Manager
Santa Monica, CA
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Senior Localization Manager will report to the Head of Global Localization and will closely collaborate with established Senior and peer Localization Managers. S/he will track assigned production and delivery progress on complex shows and movies. They will oversee the processing of all required assets from third party production facilities through Amazon's contracted vendors for localization and ingestion to the Amazon Studios Mastering Operations team for delivery to Prime Video (PV), ensuring aggressive global release timelines are met. They will be responsible for updating and maintaining various schedules, keeping vendors and regional Point-Of-Contacts (POCs) up-to-date as content is finalized, tracking localization progress, pursuing outstanding materials, organizing assets and metadata information required to launch on PV, and troubleshooting any upstream or downstream rejections as well as assessing and acting on Customer feedback or anecdotes. Additionally, they will provide feedback and escalate situations to Team Leaders throughout the Post Operations department when needed, and help reach resolutions with high-profile partners.
The role will liaise between current productions and third-party localization vendors on work related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording and versioning of Amazon Originals content for Global release, while helping to streamline and achieve alignment across a variety of global vendors. This position will also work with the Localization Billing Manager to track expenditures for all localization related work, create purchase orders, and monitor invoicing across multiple projects. For content originating in languages other than English, this role will also be responsible for localization into English as well. The role will additionally liaise with Business Affairs, Legal (Production, Clearances, and Trademarks), Production, Strategy, Marketing, Post Management, Finance/Accounting, Music, and Media Management teams as required, to both refine and document current processes, solidify a scalable global approach, as well as establish new processes for emerging or out of process requests within the immediate team and as an influencer across the organization and external partners. Lastly, this role also requires the ownership and execution of a department wide initiative – serving as a Subject Matter Expert for a technology build, rolling out a new workflow across the team, or creating/managing a set of guidelines.
• 4+ years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows and product types, including movies or series across multiple regions and languages, or experience working in the local office of a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• 4+ years of experience with acquisition and delivery of assets from producing entities to a studio or vendor
• Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
• Direct experience with a variety of digital media workflows and asset management
• Documented examples managing multiple projects simultaneously, with follow through to meet aggressive deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Detail oriented with excellent and proactive organizational skills
• Self-motivated to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Fluent in entertainment, post-production, and localization terminology
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types and transport mechanisms
• Experience with both technical and content metadata organization and submission
• Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
• Familiarity with foreign languages (Spanish, German, Japanese, etc.)
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbxe1x-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.