Amazon Studios is the content development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 3 years, we have debuted ground-breaking programming like Mirzapur, Tandav, The Family Man, Breathe, Made In Heaven and Four More Shots Please. The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, and localization of series and movies globally.
We are looking for an experienced Post Production Executive (who will be based in Chennai-Tamil Nadu) to work on Tamil language Original series (scripted and unscripted) that will be produced in India. The candidate must be fluent in Tamil (written and spoken).
The Senior Post Production Executive will track progress and manage the delivery of all assets from third-party productions to Amazon Studios. This includes maintaining schedules, following up on outstanding deliverables, and organizing assets for delivery to Prime Video. The role will coordinate with third-party vendors on work related to the editing and versioning of assets, ensuring the highest quality standards, tracking expenditures for all production department related work orders, and distributing assets for Public Relations, Marketing, and International Localization needs. This role will work directly with our domestic development teams. This role will also be responsible for evaluating new post-related products and providing thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including potential vendors, archival solutions, and new technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the below:
• Oversee multiple projects in various stages of post-production at any given time
• Review original scripts to analyze specific post production challenges
• Analyze and create post production budgets and schedules
• Ensure all deliverables are budgeted correctly and delivered on time
• Maintain oversight of the post production show budgets by reviewing cost reports from production through post
• Vet and approve vendors
• Help create production workflows from camera acquisition through final finishing
• Work closely with producers, editors, and post production supervisors to identify issues, support needs, and propose solutions
• Provide oversight for production to post production hand-off, content security, VFX, and post finishing
• Liaise with Production, Marketing, Legal, Music, VFX, and Finance as needed
• Drive process and technical innovation in support of team needs, including remaining current with the latest technology
• Attend key creative approval sessions such as VFX reviews, color sessions, and final mix playbacks
• Help create and maintain protocols that will strengthen the efficiency of the series Post Production department
• Travel as required in support of show planning and execution
• 10+ years of feature experience as a Post Supervisor/Post Executive or the equivalent
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and with great attention to detail
• Understanding of feature budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• Post and editorial problem-solving ability
• Experience in various television and film post production environments.
• Experience with scheduling post vendors and creating delivery schedules from the beginning to end of production cycles.
• Experience with delivery of assets to studios.
• Experience with variety of digital media workflows.
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types.
• Experience with international subtitling and dubbing workflows.
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines.
• Meets or exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets or exceeds Amazon's functional and technical depth and complexity for this role
• Good judgment
• Good sense of humor
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox0pp-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.