Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Amazon has spent nearly two decades revolutionizing the way we consume music, movies and entertainment-and now, we are changing the way movies and TV shows are being made.
Amazon Studios is the original movie and series production arm of Amazon's streaming platform Prime Video. Available in more than 240 countries and territories and more than 150 million subscribers, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, The Boys, Harlem, Bosch, Modern Love and many more.
Amazon Studios is building a transformative Media Engineering and Innovation team. With an artist first approach this team designs, builds and supports the Studios creative-technical post production spaces and systems. As a member of the Media Engineering and Innovation team, you will spend your time as a hands-on technical and operational leader to help drive efficiencies.
Your responsibilities will include management of business initiatives (e.g. POC's, projects, workflows), industry standards bodies participation (e.g. SMPTE), and technical standards development and writing. You will play a key role in scoping for audio, video and control systems and platforms. This team collaborates cross-functionally with teams within the Studio and across Amazon and it supports the systems it builds.
Key job responsibilities
• Plan and manage project timelines and status updates on key business initiatives including engineering POC's
• Create technical documentation for projects and ensure timely and successful delivery of key business priorities
• Manage AWS compute and storage resources for POC projects
• Support and document film & television audio workflows
• Contribute to and assess the standardization of technical specifications, providing guidance on Best Standards and Practices
• Support and communicate Dolby Vision and Dolby ATMOS content creation workflows, specifications, and best practices
• Improve existing operational workflows by identifying problem areas and providing smart solutions.
• Work on high impact/complex initiatives that requires cross collaboration with various teams
A day in the life
About the team
Amazon Studios is building a transformative Media Engineering and Innovation team. With an artist first approach this team designs, builds and supports the Studios creative-technical post production spaces and systems.
• BS or BA in Film/TV Production or related fields with specialty in multimedia areas.
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise storage and asset management systems.
• 5+ years of experience with studio or agency post production systems and support.
• 5+ years of experience with video and audio standards.
• Prior industry experience and advance knowledge of media transformation and encoding principals.
• Experience with media containers, packaging and video transport structures (such as IMF, MXF, QuickTime, BWAV)
• Knowledge and familiarity with post production frameworks and workflows.
• Experience with industry loudness standards and practices from the ATSC, ITU, SMPTE & AES
• Experience in communicating with production & post production end-user stakeholder teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8mbx-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.