Post Mastering Ops Manager
Santa Monica, CA
IMDb TV launched in 2019 as Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel enabling customers to watch hit shows, top Hollywood movies, and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb is shaping the future of streaming entertainment-we're guided by our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service and to make premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy.
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers and now produce original and license premium content for IMDb. We are just getting started at IMDb, changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment.
The Post Mastering & Media Management team is looking to hire a Media Asset Manager. S/he will be responsible for coordinating and tracking timely delivery as well as verifying all Post Deliverables from series productions to Amazon Studios. S/he will ensure that all Post Deliverables are accounted for and brought into a centralized and accessible location for future access and long-term archiving and preservation.
• Oversee day to day workflow of all assets and documents to make sure they are efficiently delivered as required and outlined in Amazon Studios Post Delivery Guidelines for each series.
• Work closely with Post Production teams and Vendors to manage timely delivery of assets.
• Liaise with post production teams (internal and external) and vendors regularly to ensure best practices are communicated as the delivery of assets move into the QC stage.
• Ensure that all assets and documents (broadcast materials, archival elements/paperwork) are efficiently delivered as required and outlined in Amazon Studios Post Delivery Guidelines (this includes but is not limited to confirming that assets adhere to technical specifications, follow mandated file naming conventions and pass QC).
• Support in sourcing all assets/documents of backfill seasons of Amazon Studios Original programming into the studio archive. S/he will make sure that all assets/documents of backfill content are accounted for, conformed to current technical specifications and properly archived. This backfill project will require thorough research, outreach to 3rd party vendors and the continued maintenance of a detailed asset tracker.
• Learn new platforms as in-house Media Asset Management tools expand.
• Collaborate with Technology teams to improve existing tools and operational workflows by identifying problem areas and providing smart solutions.
• 5+ years of technical experience on episodic and film workflows
• 5+ years of experience in coordination, project management, asset operations or post delivery
• BA/BS Required
• Prior experience in production or post production processes and facilities
• Previous background in international content or localization of content a plus
• Knowledge of digital media assets and file formats required
• Ability to coordinate and track high volume of work through an end to end workflow
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, can clearly articulate and document technical processes
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, tools, workflow and technology
• Project management experience desired
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Light travel may be required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.