Amazon Studios is the home for talent, creating and producing original films and television series for a global audience. Original series premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, which is available in over 200 countries and territories. Our teams are responsible for introducing distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning originals like Fleabag, Sound Of Metal and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular series and movies like The Boys, Jack Ryan, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, One Night in Miami, Coming 2 America and more.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineering Manager to join our Media Engineering and Innovation, Studios Technology team in Culver, CA. The Media Engineering and Innovation team focuses on building post-production environments, technology tools and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize audio and video workflows throughout the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
In this role you will work in a cross functional, interdependent team supporting other systems and software engineering teams and partner with stakeholders to define, build, implement and maintain business critical infrastructure for Studios teams globally. You will be responsible for designing and managing post production and production infrastructure projects that support the expansion of Amazon Studios.
You will be encouraged and challenged to see the big picture push innovation. You will also be supported by a talented team of peers that work each day to positively impact our customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact. We are seeking contributors who are looking to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment to revolutionize our Studios business and innovate the entertainment industry.
• Bachelors or Master in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or related fields.
• Expertise and experience with designing and managing construction projects for post production and production specialty spaces.
• Experience with post production sound, video, editorial and datacenter environments.
• 8+ years professional experience in studio facilities design and construction.
• Fundamentals in mechanical engineering (specialized in structures and materials) and design.
• Knowledge of architectural design fundamentals, electrical power systems and HVAC.
• Expertise and experience with audio and video production environments
• Knowledge of project management systems (Kanban, SCRUM, Agile)
• Experience with Autocad
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time. For further options for individuals with disabilities, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7nwq-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.