Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Prime Video is seeking a dynamic, data-driven partnership resource experienced in content acquisition and production of films with a passion for mainstream and independent cinema across languages. The role will have the key responsibility for identifying selection and building a film production framework in partnership with producers, studios and content owners toward driving content selection of feature films for the service. The individual in this role will have deep understanding of various aspects including deal structuring, projecting revenue potential and participation, film distribution and syndication, driving relationships with partners with the mission of providing high quality content to our customers. This role will involve negotiating deals, managing licensing and co-production agreements and analyzing internal and external data to take high impact strategic decisions.
Key job responsibilities
Key job responsibilities
• Develop the selection strategy driven by data analysis, customer preferences and market dynamics.
• Identify and structure film licensing and film co-production opportunities and partnerships with producers and content providers
• Negotiate agreements with large and small content providers to secure high demand content for the service.
• Benchmark selection and create a strategy / tactical plan to bridge the content gap
• Dive deep and analyze data (internal and external) for informed decision making.
• Work customer backwards and collaboratively with your team and cross-functional teams to plan and execute the department's vision and strategy
• Create and review the right metrics to drive improvements in content strategy.
• Work with Finance to manage and optimize content budgets. Provide strategic inputs to finance for long range planning and content budgeting
• Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its content suppliers
• Work with other teams to present content to our customers, be the strongest internal voice of our customers
• 15+ years of experience in content strategy, acquisition and production for a customer-facing media company.
• Solid understanding of film exploitation rights, various aspects of film production, distribution and monetization, deal structuring and licensing agreements,
• Strong interest and knowledge about content and trends across film, TV, series, short and/or long form content
• Proven ability in negotiating complex licensing or business development and partnership agreements in high pressure environments
• Excellent relationship management, communication and organizational skills
• Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
• Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
• Background in working and negotiating deals in the digital space
• Deep knowledge of digital video landscape and distribution technologies
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to negotiate and execute contracts
• Experience in an external-facing role along with ability to work with multiple internal teams
• Experience in interacting with senior leadership and managing key stakeholders
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb89je-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.