The Amazon Studios team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer-centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. To help us achieve this vision, we are looking for a Localization Manager to join the Amazon Studios team and be responsible for creating localization for all of our Amazon Studios Originals.
The Localization Manager will report to the Head of Global Localization and will closely collaborate with established Senior and peer Localization Managers. They will track assigned series production and delivery progress while overseeing the processing of all required assets from third-party production facilities through Amazon's contracted vendors for localization, mastering, and delivery to Prime Video (PV) - ensuring aggressive global release timetables are met. They will be responsible for: updating and maintaining various schedules, keeping vendors and regional POCs up-to-date as content is finalized, tracking localization and mastering progress, pursuing outstanding materials, organizing assets for final delivery to content publishing, troubleshooting any upstream or downstream rejections, and assessing and acting on Customer feedback.
The role will liaise between current productions and third-party localization vendors on work related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording, and versioning of Amazon Studios Originals content for global release - while helping to streamline and achieve alignment across a variety of global vendors as well as internal teams (including Mastering, Strategy, Post, and Production). This position will also work with Localization Billing staff to track and monitor expenditures for all localization related work. For content originating in languages other than English, this role will additionally be responsible for localization into English. The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle a heavily administrative day-to-day while also collaborating and contributing to process planning and rollouts for future growth potential and efficiency.
* 4+ years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows and product types, including movies or series across multiple regions and languages, or experience working in the local office of a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
* 4+ years of experience with acquisition and delivery of assets from producing entities to a studio or vendor
* Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
* Direct experience with a variety of digital media workflows and asset management
* Documented examples managing multiple projects simultaneously, with follow through to meet aggressive deadlines
* Detail oriented with excellent and proactive organizational skills
* Advanced written and oral communication skills
* Self-motivated to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
* Fluent in entertainment, post-production, and localization terminology
* Competency of wide array of media asset types and digital transport mechanisms
* Familiarity with foreign languages (Spanish, German, Japanese, etc.)
* Experience with both technical and content metadata organization and submission
* Understanding of security standards, requirements and protocols for high-profile pre-release content
* Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej3n7-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.