Sr Production Manager
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, as well as a growing slate of Australian Amazon Original series including The Test: A New Era for Australia's Team, a series of 10 stand-up comedy specials by some of Australia's best comedians, LOL: Last One Laughing AU with Rebel Wilson, the upcoming Making Their Mark and Back to the Rafters.
We are currently seeking an experienced Creative Development Executive to lead our Australia Local Originals scripted development team. You will have experience in both development and production, and the ability to identify material, talent and give creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Using your comprehensive knowledge of top tier film and premium television talent, you will build on your previous industry relationships and develop new ones. You will be joining a self-motivated, passionate and collaborative team environment.
• Recruit new creative talent.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Oversee all creative aspects of scripted development, production and post-production.
• Serve as primary liaison between the scripted department and all other departments.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of successful series development in TV.
• Experience managing series.
• Strong knowledge of entertainment industry trends and players.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Excellent story skills.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.