Production Manager / Coordinator, Anime Creative
Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows and is now available in more than 200 countries. Amazon Studios is a movie and series production company. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Creative Coordinator to support the development teams in Japan. The successful candidate will be able to effectively multi-task; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the group or other related groups.
The position is located in Tokyo. Key responsibilities include:
• Assist in managing the project submission process and upkeep of submission logs.
• Development tracking as well as providing notes on submitted pitches, treatments, and episodes.
• Coordination and interface with other departments (marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams).
• Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios employees as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community
• Conduct research as needed and maintain general tracking of industry players, overall deals, trends and the competitive landscape.
• Shadowing and support of creative projects.
• 2+ years of experience as an assistant at a studio or production company or 1+ year experience as a creative executive.
• Experience assessing industry talent and trends.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of 2 year of development and/or script-reading experience.
• 1+ year of experience as an assistant.
• Experience in Microsoft Outlook as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Sharepoint.
• Previous experience as an assistant at an agency, studio or production company.
• Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong knowledge of entertainment industry trends and players.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.