Full Time Job
Language Producer - Italian, Originals Localization
- Full Time
Job DescriptionPlease submit your application in English.
The Italy based, Language [Italian] Producer, Originals Localization will report to the Manager, Creative Language Localization, based in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for ensuring that localization of Amazon Originals content into Italian maintains the overall creative vision and quality of our original version in both the dubbed and subtitled versions. As a functional leader in the localization industry in Italy, You will research Italian trends and developments for dubbed and subtitled content, and partner with the Los Angeles-Based team on the overall localization release strategy for all in-territory content. The Language Producer role will monitor the performance of our freelance Creative Supervisors, who select local dubbing talent (e.g. studios, translators, dubbing directors, voice cast) and manage the day-to-day localization for Amazon content. Additionally, the Language Producer will help to expand the available network of freelancers, to ensure consistent and superior quality across all deliveries.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain creative databases of all key creative roles selected by the network of creative supervisors, ensure metrics are available regarding quality rankings of content, enforce contractual details to be consistent with Amazon requirements and collate information correctly to support longer term strategic planning for creative consistency and marketing opportunities.
• Provide an initial support or escalation point for freelance creative supervisors related to their quality reviews as needed; escalate creative concerns to central global team as applicable. Provide support and guidance for local dubbing studio/supervisor relationships should issues arise; remove barriers for freelance Creative Supervisor to succeed in all aspects of their role.
• Detail, track and analyse creative issues– positive/negative directly related to creative supervisor and /or studio feedback ensuring consistent metrics are collected regarding creative information and issues. Debrief global team when necessary.
• Provide details and feedback regarding standard rates and cost structures for dubbing and subtitling to support longer term financial forecasting, project budgeting, and business metrics collation by the central team based in Los Angeles.
• Interconnect and grow relationships with in-territory localization community at large to understand changes and developments for dubbing processes and workflows, to help monitor Amazon content, e.g: monitor local union updates regarding rules and restrictions for in territory dubbing.
• Manage outreach with local community regarding prestige and awards opportunities for Amazon localized content.
• Identify and expand educational opportunities to partner and support the growth of the local dubbing industry, develop new talent (translators/adaptors/actors) through training and development programs (universities, trade schools, independent dubbing studio training programs etc.). Support development of independent Subtitle Supervisor network as needed.
• Review Amazon Studios Localization style guide for Dubbing and Subtitling and provide additional language specific information, recommendations as applicable to guarantee Amazon Language bible is updated to support consistency of translations and Italian language usage across all series, seasons and characters.
• Research changes and trends in audience preference for dubbing, provide feedback to central office ensuring Amazon Originals Global Localization program is always focused on meeting highest level of quality for customers.
• Awareness of operational workflows and material needs for post-production and localization.
A successful candidate will be comfortable in discussions regarding dubbing and equally subtitling, as well as end-to-end components of the localization workflow to help to implement global standards and directions. Predominantly self-directed, You will serve as a primary facilitator and liaison touchpoint between Italy's localization & creative entertainment community and the creative and operational direction of Amazon Studios. The Language Producer role may also serve as an in-person liaison for locally produced content to facilitate localization challenges that may arise on outbound Originals.
• Fluency in both Italian and English, both written and verbal
• Multiple years of experience with a variety of Dubbing and Subtitling localization workflows and product types, including movies or series, as a dubbing director / dubbing supervisor / translator / adaptor, or experience working in a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• Italian audio dubbing experience based on multiple regional accents
• Primary familiarity and work experience with the in-territory Italian dubbing community (actors, directors, dubbing studios, collectives, unions) in major cities such as Rome and Milan
• Multiple years of experience directing freelance workers, as well as growing and developing creative teams
• Familiarity with local audience preferences, customs & State requirements and regulations related to localization
• Direct experience working with global teams internationally via distributed workforce
• Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
• Awareness of operational workflows for domestic post-production, and comprehensive understanding of the link between post-production and the international delivery of content day and date
• Detail oriented with excellent and proactive organizational skills
• Advanced written and oral communication skills
• Professional working knowledge of local dubbing studios, translators, adaptors, directors, creative talent, and local unions
• Experience with language translation/adaptation and voice casting processes for dubbed content
• Understanding of story structure and character development as it relates to their local language customer
• Competency of a wide array of media asset types and digital transport mechanisms
• Experience with both technical and content metadata organization and submission
• Understanding of security standards, requirements and protocols for high-profile pre-release content
• Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8by8-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to localize original content and license studio programs in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video worldwide customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.