Post Mastering Ops Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are looking for an experienced Head of International Movies Post leader to support our expansion into International Originals Movies. You will develop and manage the post production operational growth plan to support the global expansion of Amazon's International Originals Movies (AIOM) program in territories around the world. Where you will be identifying, hiring, training, and supervising executives and coordinators in regional offices throughout these territories in order to effectively manage their growing AIOM slate.
You will also work to develop and maintain a network of post-production vendors and freelance partners around the world in order to consistently deliver premium content regardless of where the movie is produced. You will also analyze the unique workflows and technical capabilities of each territory to maintain Amazon's high quality bar while also supporting our creative partners' visions.
The Head of International Movies Post enables senior team members to mentor and manage more junior members in their own regions. This role represents AIOM Post in senior executive meetings and provides the insights on post-production schedules, budgets, and workflows that senior leaders require to make greenlight and other strategic decisions. You will regularly work with the leaders in AIOM Production, Development, Strategy, Business Affairs, Legal, Localization, Mastering, Post Production Technology, Partner Operations, Compliance, Marketing, and Public Relations from offices around the world.
The Head of International Movies Post assigns new projects to team members and meets with their direct reports regularly to ensure that cost, timelines, and quality are all managed properly on every movie they cover. You will develop career growth plans with each direct report, and they work closely with senior members of their team on high-profile movies.
• Hire, train, supervise, and set career growth plans for post executives and coordinators
• Oversee team processes to support on-time delivery and on-budget execution for all feature projects in development, production, and post production in all international territories
• Ensure proper movie assignment coverage and balance across team
• Participate in management of high-profile movies
• Support resolution of team escalations
• Develop team goals, roadmap, and strategy consistent with Global Post Management team objectives
• Identify, vet, and manage in-territory networks of facilities and freelancers
• Represent team interests with senior leadership
• Collaborate with other Post Management leaders and other Amazon Studios department heads to support cross-team processes and initiatives
• Drive process and technical innovation in support of team needs
• Establish standard operating procedures for existing and new territories
• Travel as required in support of movie planning and execution
• 10+ years of experience as feature post producer/post executive or the equivalent
• 3+ years of experience building and managing teams
• Experience with budgeting, scheduling, and implementing feature workflows
• Experience managing relationships with sound, editorial, and finishing post facilities
• 3+ years of experience managing international teams
• Studio and freelance experience in feature post
• Clear written English skills
• Strong working knowledge of camera formats and production workflows
• Strong knowledge of sound, dialogue and music editing and mixing workflows
• Post and editorial problem-solving ability
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent productions at various stages in the production/post process• Experience with international deliverables and distribution
• Organization and detail orientation
• Proficiency in a non-English language
• Experience working outside of the U.S.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj61q0-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.