Software Development Manager, Studios Applications
Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Studios creates bold and innovative original series and movies from top tier and up-and-coming creators for customers all over the world in over 200 countries.
The Studios Applications program focuses on creating apps and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize business processes and information workflows for the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
We are seeking talented contributors who are looking to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment to create enterprise software solutions that revolutionize our business.
You will be encouraged and challenged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact our customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Evolve software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
• Write high-quality distributed system software.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. • Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years' experience for every 1 year of education.
• 5+ years professional experience in front-end software development.
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment.
• Experience taking a lead role in developing complex software systems that have been successfully launched to customers.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of the software engineering craft.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience with cloud-based computing/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) and project management tools (JIRA, Asana, etc).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.