Director, Global Animation Talent Acquisition
Culver City, CA
Do you want to play an instrumental role in transforming the future of the business? Here's your opportunity! Amazon has hundreds of millions of customers who can benefit from diversity of thought. We are a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of our customers. Our diverse perspectives come from many sources including gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, culture, education, as well as professional and life experience. We are working to develop leaders and shape future talent pools to help us meet the needs of our customers around the world.
We are searching for a Program Manager that can manage our diversity focused Industry Pipeline . The goal is to identify new talent and voices while ensuring access and exposure to underrepresented and under-served talent populations.
You will work with our industry departments to understand the current need for writing, directing and producing talent. You will work with external partners like the Guilds and incubators to either:source talent or create our own talent pipeline. You will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations, curating special programs, show placements and managing budgets. You will track KPIs and success metrics and report those to key stakeholders. You will identify the necessary elements to create an ecosystem where the talent can be successful. You will also provide coaching and mentoring to both talent and departments.
Role Specific Qualifications
• 5+ years' experience within the entertainment industry
• 5+ years leading large, effective, and efficient organizations and/or people management
• Ability to Think Big and be innovative
• Ability to work independently
• Interact with executive sponsors and multiple business .
• Experience working with Studio Executives and Creative Talent
• Communicate well both verbally and in writing.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Create, maintain and disseminate information to stakeholders.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and resolve conflict.
• Maximize resources with the best interest of the organization in mind.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Use data to drive analytics and insights.
• Proven track record of creating pipelines to increase diverse talent
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Ability to travel 25%
• Available for evening and weekend events
• 10+ years' experience working within and/or industry
• Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
• Analytical skills as well as an ability to balance strategy and management
• Ability to develop quick turn-around, practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast moving environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially focused on conveying complex information in an approachable manner
• Ability to dive deep into the details without losing sight of the strategic vision
• Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks
• MBA or equivalent advanced degree a plus
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's /technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.