Human Resources Assistant
Simon & Schuster
London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Come build the future of entertainment with us.
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment by striving toward our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, and making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios, the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon, produces Originals and licenses premium content for IMDb TV, similar to their role worldwide for Amazon's Prime Video. We are just getting started at IMDb TV and changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios and the IMDb TV team is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Creative Coordinator to support the Co-Head of Content & Programming across the US and UK. You will help the team build on its early success, helping define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching. We are looking for a creative, strategic and administratively adept person with a passion for TV and movies who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, but is also comfortable working autonomously.
In this role you will effectively multi-task, juggling multiple executive administration projects, with a nearly even split between administrative and creative support. You will have the ability to independently complete content and programming projects, reacting with appropriate urgency and expertise to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround. You will use your excellent communication and written skills to respond to situations and requests. We look forward to you using your creativity to solve interesting and complex problems that affect the teams and productions with which you will be working.
• Assist in managing the project submission process and upkeep of submission logs
• Support the Co-Head in all department-related and series-related projects, internal and external requests and special team initiatives
• Develop tracking mechanisms as well as provide notes on submitted pitches, treatments, and episodes as needed
• Coordinate and interface with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams.
• Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios, IMDb TV and Amazon employees as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community on a daily basis.
• Shadow creative projects as requested/interested
• Contribute as a member of the Content and Programming team to ensure group success, including working closely with the Creative Assistant and Creative Executives
This position will be located in London, England (UK).
• Experience as an assistant at a studio or production company or experience as a creative executive
• Experience assessing industry talent and trends
• Experience with basic artwork manipulation using Adobe Photoshop (i.e. converting file types, simplifying layers, resizing or isolating elements, etc.)
• Experience utilizing social media and entertainment media sources
• Creative thinker with a passion for film, television, art and music
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proactive and able to demonstrate logical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.