We are seeking a skilled Technical Program Manager to join our Amazon Music Catalog team (AMC). As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Amazon Music, you will have the opportunity to work closely with product, design, software development and platform teams to implement strategy and execution. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investment. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and inspire risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. If you enjoy solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you!
Key job responsibilities
• Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale Music initiatives.
• Lead agile engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a daring roadmap.
• Understand service interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
A day in the life
As a Senior TPM, you will managing large initiatives. You will communicate progress and outcomes effectively to directors and VPs. You'll own the delivery of the Amazon Music Catalog team's most complex projects. In partnership with product and engineering teams, you'll use your excellent technical judgment to define goals, prioritize features, and own the milestones that help us deliver results. As a leader in AMC, you'll also help us refine and streamline our processes; helping make them a model for other teams in Music and pillar for your influence within the larger organization.
About the team
The Amazon Music Catalog team is responsible for persisting, computing, reconciling and vending Music rights and metadata to other teams and services across Amazon. We process hundreds of millions of updates per day and our services serve tens of thousands of requests per secs to all Amazon Music Customers. We own critical platforms that makes access to the Amazon Music Catalog highly available and accessible to everyone. We are solving world class problems that haven't been tackled before!
If you are interested in working in a team that is changing the way Amazon customers enjoy music, you get excited by building large-scale distributed systems, experimenting and solving problems, come innovate with us!
• 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
• 5+ years' experience as a technical program manager leading cross-functional teams to deliver large complex software projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
• Experience owning program strategy and end-to-end delivery.
• Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation and standardization.
• Ability to work effectively with remote teams across time zones.
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9296-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.