About Amazon Music
Meet Amp, Amazon's new live radio app. Amp infuses what listeners love about radio with what's made possible by today's technology. Amp allows anyone to host their own live radio show by playing hot tunes and taking call-ins using a mobile device, simple tools, and a licensed catalog of tens of millions of songs. Imagine working at a Fortune-500 company with the atmosphere of a start-up building a cutting-edge consumer-facing product where your ideas have the potential to reach millions.
We help our customers discover up-and-coming live radio creators, while also having access to their favorite music and podcasts. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amp supports our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
The Amp team seeks a dedicated, self-driven Executive Assistant with effective communication skills to support its Director of Engineering as well as our DEI, brand awareness, and community outreach initiatives. This role requires outstanding planning, time management, and a passion for connecting with leaders in government, academia, and the evolving Atlanta music scene. Superior attention to detail, great judgement, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple requests across global teams is critical. In this role, you'll acts as a seamless extension of the Director of Engineering and a partner to Finance, HR, PR, and Recruiting teams. A high level of integrity and discretion handling confidential information and professionalism dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company is imperative. Humor, composure, and the ability to foster a fun and positive team environment is a must, as is flexibility and a willingness to turn on a dime as priorities shift.
The successful candidate will have prior experience as an executive assistant and understand business priorities, proactively anticipate needs, and drive improvements that build capacity for the leadership team. Completing complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance, reacting with appropriate urgency to situations that require quick turnaround, and taking effective action without having to know the whole picture is key to success.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage/create a consolidated view of our PR, brand awareness, community outreach, and DEI engagements involving leaders in the community, academia, government, and the music industry
• Support internship and other university programs
• Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
• Help produce presentations by compiling information, formatting, editing, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
• Coordinate and communicate effectively with a variety of groups including peers, internal stakeholders, vendors, music industry professionals such as labels and artist management, leaders in government, and university leaders
• Thoughtfully manage complex calendars and scheduling for teams in multiple locations and time zones
• Coordinate complex domestic and international travel itineraries with seamless logistics
• Manage expense report coordination and submission
• Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all hands, fireside chats, off-sites, and other team events)
• Champion and expand creative team traditions and activities that support a strong team culture. Have fun at work and help others do the same!
• Partner closely with the Director and leadership team, key business partners, and other Executive Assistants to provide holistic support to the organization
• Space management, including strategic growth, moves, and reconfigurations
• High School or equivalent diploma
• 5+ years of experience providing support to senior leadership or 3+ years Amazon experience
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Experience as an executive assistant
• Experience with executive level calendar management
• Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination
• Effective analytical skills and demonstrated ability to improve process and efficiency
• Effective organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and team objectives
• Team oriented philosophy and a commitment to supporting and developing others
• Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for customer experience and Amazon's vision
• Highly motivated, organized individual able to deliver results with minimal supervision in a sometimes-ambiguous environment
• Music/entertainment industry experience
• BA/BS Degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbkw2-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.