Full Time Job
Sr. Software Development Engineer, Amazon Games
Amazon Games Studios
- Full Time
Job DescriptionAt Amazon Games, we aspire to be the most player and developer-obsessed company in gaming. We have one of the most exciting roadmaps in the industry and are actively developing and publishing a portfolio of original IP and high-ambition games we hope players love and play for years to come. We create compelling platforms for everyone who loves games, as well as for game developers looking to reach a global audience. We think big, are customer obsessed, and build our games and products with a relentless focus on quality.
Our initiatives include game development, publishing, marketing, and live operations across multiple games. In addition to releasing New World, an MMO set on a supernatural continent in the Age of Exploration, and publishing Lost Ark, from acclaimed studio Smilegate RPG, we are working on new IPs from our studios and teams in the US, Canada, and Europe, along with other projects in varying stages of development.
We are looking for a Senior Development Engineer to join our team based in Prague, Czech Republic. You will draw on your expertise and experience to help an internal Amazon Game studio releasing their AAA game on multiple platforms. You will be responsible for the development and optimization of core engine systems requiring high quality standards. Communicating efficiently with the team, being pro-active and quickly adapting to existing code-base will be key. We are looking for individuals excited about making great games and eager to collaborate with peers who are player centric, resourceful, team oriented and enjoy inclusive communication style.
Key job responsibilities
• Turn the team's vision into reality by developing and extending major software components
• Own, architect and optimize multi-platform engine level systems which scale for large data sets
• Define clear development plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments
• Collaborate with peers to ensure reliability, performance and sustainability of the technology
• Investigate, integrate, and proactively develop emerging technologies that encourage innovation, reliability, performance and productivity in large scale projects
• Bachelor's degree in computer science/related technical field or equivalent
• Highly proficient in both spoken and written English (Common European Framework of Reference C1)
• Professional software development experience
• Experience leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
• Experience writing production code in modern C++ in a professional setting
• Experience of the full video game development life cycle. Including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and debugging
• Experience with console development (e.g. SONY, Microsoft or Nintendo)
• Experience in AAA game development
• Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
• Ability to work effectively on shared projects with other disciplines in a distributed environment
• Familiar with profiling tools (e.g. Intel VTune, RAD Telemetry, RenderDoc, WPA) and ability to apply analysis results, taking advantage of target hardware capabilities, to improve performance
• Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code
• Technical expertise in major technical areas such as low level engine (file I/O, multi-threading, memory, etc.), animation, physics, streaming, asset pipelines, platform mastering, tools and graphics
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61ynn-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.