Amazon Games is looking for a Software Developer Engineer to join a new and energetic team building the central web systems and tools for our games. In this role, you will deliver large scale services and build innovative systems to support our games. You will have the power of AWS cloud to build amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators. If you love games and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
About Amazon Games:
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with Game Teams and our Player Experience Team to build scalable services that support our Game and Web experiences
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technologies and evaluate technical feasibility
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identify problems and propose solutions
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years of full stack development experience
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Good communication skills; fast learner with ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n5z1-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.