Come play with us!
Amazon Games is looking for a Senior User Researcher to join us in building out our central Amazon Games User Research team and collaborating closely with our Publishing, Development, and Marketing stakeholders. Our team supports a variety of internal and external game teams to deliver actionable and timely user research insights that make a direct impact on the success of our games and the quality of our user experiences!
As a Senior User Researcher on our team you will evangelize for the user research process, own the development and execution of long-term research roadmaps supporting your stakeholders, and contribute to broader research team strategies and growth. You will utilize your deep knowledge of industry best practices and research methodologies to create bespoke research solutions that inspire action among our game teams. You will collaborate with research peers who enjoy an inclusive communication style and are player-centric, resourceful, and team oriented.
Key job responsibilities
• Advocate for the player.
• Own the research for projects/games in their entirety, serving as a game team's primary point of contact to user research, owning their research roadmap, and overseeing research strategy for a project.
• Have ultimate oversight for research design and execution, whether to be performed by themselves or others, to ensure findings are aligned with project needs and meet departmental standards of rigor.
• Actively participate in research team strategy and growth, support teammates with peer reviewing and coaching, and pursue new avenues of research to support our teams.
• Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and peers across multiple teams (ex: BI, Market Research, Publishing Production, and Community) to design robust cross-team research and bring clarity to complex decisions being made by leadership.
• Bachelor's degree in HCI, Psychology, social sciences, or related field.
• 4+ years of research experience in games or related entertainment industries.
• Experience collaborating across multiple teams to disseminate research findings and build cross-team testing strategies.
• Familiarity with a wide variety of game genres, mechanics, and hardware.
• MA/MS or PhD in HCI, Psychology, social sciences, or related field.
• 6+ years of research experience in games or entertainment industries.
• 3+ years presenting research findings to game teams.
• Games research experience on multiple hardware platforms and game genres.
• Experience with both exploratory and evaluative research methodologies.
• Experience directing outside research agencies and comfort with remote research methods.
• Experience with Live Service games a plus.
• Quantitative research background a plus.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $226,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy119m-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.