Amazon Games is seeking a highly effective gameplay and engine developer to help build a AAA quality multi-player action title using the latest Unreal Engine.
Our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Games we're creating games like the open world MMO New World and working with partners to publish hit games like Lost Ark. Amazon is working on unannounced titles for PC, console and mobile platforms.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to building the best games for our players. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Who you are:
• You thrive in a collaborative environment where you have significant influence over technology architecture.
• You are passionate about building game experiences that delight players.
• You deliver great workflows and tools to your fellow developers and constantly seek improvement.
• You want to be part of something exciting and unique in the gaming ecosystem.
What you'll do:
• Design, develop and support multi-player game software using high quality C++ with Unreal engine.
• Ensure that the game is tightly integrated into multiple hardware platforms and ecosystems--fully utilizing the capabilities that are the strength of each platform and conforming with their requirements.
• Collaborate with developers and testers to construct efficient workflows for working with Unreal and our back-end services to ensure high quality on all platforms.
• Proactively identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life for players, operations, and other developers.
• Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer-centric features.
• Optimize performance on all platforms to make the best use of Unreal engine.
• Ensure that our products are safe to use for our customers so their information is secure and they have tools to help them play without toxicity or harassment.
Our product is an unannounced game built by a team with veterans from many popular titles like Destiny, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Hogwarts Legacy, Mortal Kombat, World of Warcraft, EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2, and H1Z1.
Come join our passionate team in San Diego and help make the next game everyone will be downloading to their PCs and consoles!
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
• 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
• Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
• 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
• Experience with Unreal engine
• Experience leading and influencing your team or organization
• Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $261,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8067-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.