We are looking for a Senior Art Director to join our Game Experience Lab at Amazon Games. This is a new leadership role, with reporting to our Chief Creative, and a high level of interaction with our publishing and development teams, as well as our senior leadership group.
At Amazon Games, we believe that games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games. We believe that games will produce some of the most influential voices in media and art, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future.
You are someone who enjoys pioneering into unknown frontiers. Someone who seeks out the most ambitious work, is relentlessly optimistic, is passionate about developing others in their careers, and has a strong ability and appreciation for the importance of rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty.
You already have experience in building wildly inventive and successful games, and are excited to shape the future of art in games, and games as an art form.
• You will help shape our portfolio and influence the development of multiple original games and intellectual properties by:
• Serving as a strategic partner to the Chief Creative and the Leadership team for the overall vision of Amazon Games
• Partnering with game development teams to strengthen and enrich their art direction, worlds and characters designs
• Being a leader in our transmedia initiatives, by championing our Games within Amazon's Global Media Entertainment group.
• Setting standards for the highest quality execution of in-game art
• Helping evaluate new projects opportunities
• Being part of a multi-disciplinary brain trust that will help raise the quality of our games at key moments of their development cycles
If you'd like to come join us, here's some things that are key to success in this role:
• Have a passion for video games
• Have a deep and broad culture of arts, entertainment and pop culture
• Be curious, innovative, inspired and inspiring
• Be a self-starter who is able to work alone or as a member of a team
• Be able to work on multiple concurrent projects with multiple teams around the world
• Be able to take the high strategic view as well as dive deep and execute great game art by yourself
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• 10+ years of Games or Interactive Entertainment industry experience
• Expertise in game development toolset and pipelines
• 5+ Years People Management or Mentorship
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
• Adept leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating various artistic methods and approaches
• Insatiable will to get stuff done
• Ability to look across disciplines and effectively collaborate with game design, animation, narrative, and tech art
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $106,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $198,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob6e2-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.