Amazon Games is seeking a highly effective generative AI scientist to build and integrate new groundbreaking AI into our game pipelines and customer experiences. Our mission to be the most customer obsessed video game company requires exploration into these cutting edge tools to improve the quality and quantity of fun gameplay for our players while ensuring their ethical and responsible implementation. At Amazon Games we're creating games like the open world MMO New World and working with partners to publish hit games like Lost Ark. Amazon is working on unannounced titles for PC, console and mobile platforms.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to building the best games for our players. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Key job responsibilities
Drive, design, develop and support highly ambiguous and complex generative AI services for games using AWS or local hardware resources.
Collaborate with game team engineers to integrate generative AI tools into developer workflows.
Stay up to date with and analyze the latest advancements in generative AI technology and continuously improve product features where meaningful improvements in cost, scalability, quality, or functionality can be achieved.
Work with other game teams in the organization to expose sharable pieces of generative AI technology.
Consult and contribute to evaluations of other internal or 3rd party generative AI services that could be leveraged by the project or the organization.
Proactively identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life for players, operations, and other developers.
Assess costs (both monetary and environmental) of generative AI features.
Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer-centric features.
You thrive in a collaborative environment where your decisions have significant impact and influence.
You are passionate about building game experiences that delight players.
You deliver great workflows and tools to your fellow developers and constantly seek improvement.
You want to be part of something exciting and unique in the gaming ecosystem.
Your day-to-day involves working closely with designers and artists to unlock generative AI features and tools. This involves a few regular meetings but mostly a lot of interaction either face-to-face or in virtual channels. The structure of your day includes these interactions but also a lot of focus time in implementing these ideas.
About the team
Our product is an unannounced game built by a team with veterans from many popular titles like Destiny, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Hogwarts Legacy, Mortal Kombat, World of Warcraft, EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2, and H1Z1.
Come join our passionate team in San Diego and help make the next game everyone will be downloading to their PCs and consoles!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | San Diego, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Experience in any of the following areas: algorithms and data structures, parsing, numerical optimization, data mining, parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing
- One or more years of building applications to use generative AI models via prompt engineering, RAG, RLHF, fine tuning or other modern approaches
- Experience programming in Java, Python or main stream cloud service language
- Experience with traditional ML approaches like reinforcement learning, supervised learning, and unsupervised learning
- Experience gathering and shaping appropriate data for use in fine tuning generative AI models
- Experience in professional software development
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative field
- Experience in designing, deploying generative AI services and making them ready for production
- Experience in strategies for improving accuracy of generative AI outputs to avoid hallucination, outputs outside the scope of the product's sphere of information, and harmful outputs
- Experience in building ML models--generative or otherwise
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $222,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6wyyq-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.