Full Time Job
Database Engineering Manager, Amazon Games - Liveops Infrastructure
Amazon Games Studios
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAmazon Games is seeking a highly talented and motivated Database Manager to lead our Live Operations database team supporting our portfolio of live and upcoming titles. Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry. At Amazon Games, we're creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent, as well as several - yet - undisclosed titles. Amazon Games is also publishing exciting titles like Lost Ark for western markets, delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Prime Gaming, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech. We are looking for an experienced Database Manager to join our team and help take our business to the next level!
In this role you will be responsible for managing a team of Database Engineers and Administrators, who support the live operation of our titles. Your team is responsible for migrating database architectures to AWS, developing data pipelines, capacity planning, optimization/tuning, backup/recovery, automation, and GDPR for multiple titles within Amazon Games. You will be responsible for creating or improving standards and processes for data protection, reliability, manageability, performance, and cost optimization. The ideal candidate must be a team player who is able to work directly with partners and teammates to bring titles to production. They must add value to the team by bringing ideas and solutions to the table.
If you'd like to come join us, here's some things that are key to success in this role:
• Have a penchant for digging deep and attacking difficult and complex problems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and interface with all levels within the organization.
• Broad awareness of gaming workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability.
• Broad knowledge of SQL and No-SQL database, streaming, and integration technologies.
Key job responsibilities
• Build and manage a team responsible for complex mission-critical production database systems and pipelines.
• Work with database engineers on your team to analyze issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
• Promote training and hiring to support multiple AWS Services: Aurora, Elasticache, EMR, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, MSK, Kinesis, Keyspaces, S3, etc.
• Drive process improvement for data protection, data security, disaster recovery, deployment and management automation, architecture best-practices, migration, performance and cost optimization, and GDPR.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years as a DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required.
• 4+ years of experience engineering, administering and managing multiple NoSQL and/or relational databases.
• Experience leading or managing a team of engineers or operations.
• Experience with AWS database services.
• A passion for Gaming! – Great understanding of how the Games industry operates and the unique characteristics, delightful weirdness, and culture of the industry.
• Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment.
• Professional Game industry experience dealing with Game and/or Game backend services.
• Passion for cloud database and streaming technologies – understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Deep knowledge of AWS database and streaming services and their relevance to the Games industry.
• Experience creating or managing process improvement, especially related to data protection, disaster recovery, data security, GDPR, and automation.
• Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Powershell, Bash, Python, Perl).
• Consulting experience is a plus.
• Storage engineering experience, including NAS, SAN, SSD, multi-pathing and caching.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe31x-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.