Santa Monica, CA
New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Success in New World ultimately depends on a player's ability to conquer not only rival players, but Aeternum itself, as it unleashes undead legions, hell-bent on purging them from its shores.
At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Watchdogs, Evolve, Gears of War, Killer Instinct, God of War.
Key job responsibilities
• Be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying major new game features. Ensure features are integrated cleanly with existing frameworks and platform infrastructure.
• Own broad game features and system end-to-end.
• Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
• Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class game.
• Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and constantly create new ways to delight customers.
• Empower game designers through rapid iteration and creation of top-notch tools.
About the team
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• 1+ year of professional C++ experience or equivalent college projects.
• 1+ year industry experience or Games projects and internships.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, and 3D math.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 1+ years writing with scripting languages such as LUA, ActionScript, Python, Perl.
• Strong knowledge of performance/memory constraints related to game development.
• Good debugging skills.
• Working experience in multithreaded or distributed environments.
• Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience.
• Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
• Excellent software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1n16-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.