Director, Talent Insights and Research
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Workforce Strategy & Planning Manager, you are responsible for ensuring strategic talent goals are met through forecast modeling, capacity planning, resource planning, and for providing stakeholders and decision makers with recommendations based on insights and data. The impact of this position will be through influencing annual and longer term plans, organization resource plans, and current and future talent plans.
As a key member of the Organization Effectiveness leadership team, this individual contributor will also work very closely with Talent, HR Operations, and HR Business Partner teams. The ideal candidate will deliver data-driven, innovative, and highly effective workforce models and solutions that exhibit thought leadership, deep and thoughtful analysis, strong predictive modeling capabilities.
The Workforce Strategy & Planning Manager's work product will have a direct impact and influence on HR Leadership team's and key stakeholders's decisions and investments – ensuring the ability to proactively address critical talent needs.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Establish predictive multi-year talent demand forecast models by organization and by needed skills and capabilities. Continually evolve and refine highly precise forecasting models
• In partnership with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders, produce annual resourcing plans for each organization within the enterprise
• Partner with the Talent organization to build multi year talent plans defining ''buy'', ''build'', and ''borrow'' plans based on talent availability and timing needs
• Build and manage the Human Capital governance platform (Job Taxonomy, Leveling, and Org Design changes) governance process
• Manage job description library and leveling system
• Generate regular leadership reports describing workforce models, trends, risks, and mitigation plans
Year 1 Success
• Upgrade generation 1 talent demand forecast model to include multi-year trending predictions
• Establish organization resource models for all franchises an functions within the company
• Design and launch a governance system for the Human Capital platform
• Partner with the People Analytics team to automate the talent demand forecast model
• Activate regular workforce reporting for leadership and stakeholder use
• 4+ years of Workforce Planning experience with the demonstrated ability to forecast and predict talent demand at the job level
• Advanced spreadsheet and database skills with proficiency in developing models, as well as analytical and graphical insights
• Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitive information into powerful actionable insights and plans
• Collaborative team player with exceptional analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Results oriented with a strong track record of success and measurable impact
• Strong attention to detail and project management skills
• Ability to oversee and deliver multiple deliverables across projects and deadlines
• Ability to work through ambiguous situations and to proactively take action without instruction
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Advanced degrees in predictive workforce modeling preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.