Activision is looking for a passionate and experienced games user researcher and gamer to carry out user research on some of the world's best-known franchises. Your role will primarily focus on conducting research on various Activision projects. Tasks will include: interfacing with development team partners to determine research goals and scope, planning and executing research methodologies, and delivering actionable findings to stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a motivated and experienced researcher familiar with playtesting and usability testing AAA games in a fast-paced development cycle.
• Conducts and oversees user research for at least one project under the direction of the manager, including all stages from planning to execution
• Carry out research using a variety of methods, including, but not limited to: usability testing, playtesting, balance testing, focus groups, interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluations, card sorts exploratory research, and field studies
• Crafts and edits actionable reports and surveys
• Presents/Communicates summarized research results directly to development teams for discussion and future implementation
• Offers design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise
• Occasionally travels to run on-site tests or to act as research expert
• Bachelor's degree required
• One to two years of experience conducting user research for video games.
• Must have a passion for video games, especially FPS, platformers, and/or action-adventure titles
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Proficient in descriptive statistics
• Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
• Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research methods
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.