Job Title:VFX Artist
As a VFX Artist you will create particle simulations and systems that both mimic real-life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. We're looking for strong collaborators who bring no ego but plenty of passion.
Together, we'll push our tools beyond all reasonable limits, and constantly hunt for better techniques and inspiring reference no matter where it can be found.
With your creativity and curiosity, and your own blend of technical and artistic skills, you'll help us create the most stunning AAA visuals and compelling gameplay on the planet.
In this role you'll be asked to:
• Work closely with the VFX Lead, Art Directors and others in bringing life to gameplay and cinematics through the addition of flair and visual drama
• Craft compelling moments through the design, creation, and implementation of real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
• Prototype VFX and materials which effectively develop tone and pacing of gameplay events
• Stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques to help shape our pipelines
• Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines
• Follow and maintain workflows and technical requirements
• 2+ years of Visual Effects experience for games, or equivalent experience in film/television
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to excel in a collaborative and diverse work environment
• Being a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication
• Ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to proprietary software
• Strong technical problem solving skills
• Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, Max, Houdini, Substance Designer
• Bachelor's degree in an Art related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, scripting, animation, or lighting
• Experience creating VFX shaders
• Experience and comfort in Unreal and/or PopcornFX
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.