The UX Designer role requires outstanding technical knowledge of the process and tools for designing and creating in-game UI design and UX systems. You will be able to conceptualize the user experience flow from wireframe concepts or prototypes, to execution of concepts and asset creation for engineering-using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, and/or After Effects. Experience in creating functional UI/UX prototypes and tools experience is a bonus.
This role will report to the Lead UI/UX Designer, and will be expected to collaborate within a team of UI/UX designers and artists, engineers, and gameplay designers, to create systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be an exceptionally creative problem solver, good communicator and presenter of UX design (and systems), positive team member and one who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating games with an intuitive UI for the player.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Have an intense understanding of game front-end UX flow and HUD systems.
• Be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas on schedule.
• Create and implement UX design and/or UI art within defined look & feel.
• Ensure that work supports overall game design and art style/direction.
• Develop and iterate on design concepts based on feedback.
• Work with Lead UI/UX Designer to define and understand functionality, design, and technical requirements.
• Actively and constructively contribute to technical and artistic problem solving across departments.
• Work to achieve consistency in art style and quality of one's own work.
• Possess a strong graphic design background and understanding of design principles.
• Demonstrate understanding of game aesthetic and branding requirements.
• Work within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
• Troubleshoot, seek solutions, and ask questions.
• Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Have a passion for games and interactive media.
• Specialized training in graphic and interactive design or illustration from a 4 year program or equivalent level of professional experience required.
• Two to five years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.