Activision is looking for a passionate and experienced quantitative researcher and gamer to carry out and support user research on some of the world's best-known franchises. Your role will primarily focus on analyzing data obtained via survey and telemetry data to improve the quality of the research team's quantitative data. Tasks will include: visualizing captured research data for development teams, unearthing deeper trends using inferential statistics, championing & analyzing pre-launch telemetry, and working as a liaison between User Research, development studios, and Activision's Game Analytics team.
• Carry out research using a variety of methods, including, but not limited to: data analysis, balance testing, survey design, significance testing, regression modelling, and exploratory research
• Process and improve statistical models using historical data within a game mode, franchise, or across competitor titles
• Create actionable data-informed reports including the creation of visualization dashboards and/or graphs to supplement qualitative research and to inform and educate stakeholders
• Help implement pre-launch telemetry and hooks across multiple projects
• Coordinate user research findings with dev studios and the Game Analytics team
• Conduct and oversee quantitative user experience research for a variety of game projects, including all stages from planning to execution
• Provide and discuss research results directly with dev teams for implementation
• Produce design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise
• Oversee the creation and execution of large-scale surveys such as alpha/beta release surveys and focused external consumer insights research
• Educate fellow research staff on the use of quantitative data and collection methods
• Support fellow research staff by leading qualitative or 1-on-1 studies as needed
• Two to three years of experience conducting user research for video games, or three years of experience conducting user research outside of the videogame entertainment industry.
Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor's degree required (branches of psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, information technology, statistics, or related field). Advanced degree is preferred.
• Knowledge of scripting languages and analysis tools (e.g. Phyton, PHP, R, SPSS)
• Advanced expertise with Tableau or similar data visualization software
• Proficient in statistics, especially those related to inferential statistics
• Excellent knowledge of quantitative research methods
• Familiarity with qualitative research methods is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
• Must have a passion for video games, especially FPS or competitive multiplayer games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv2qw-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.