Welcome to Activision Mobile. We're a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world.
Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we're looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We're incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a UI Tools Programmer to join the Mobile Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As a UI Tools Programmer you will develop, modify and debug UI tools and processes related using scripts and C/C++. The work will cross the boundaries between UX tool and workflows, custom export pipelines, native C++ engine with UX bindings to front-end scripts layout engine. While working on a multi-platforms code base, the focus is to enable features and functionality especially for Mobile platforms. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with global team.
Your goals and responsibilities include ensuring our UI Tools, processes and the features can be implemented efficiently while still offering flexibility for the creative team. Improvements, refactoring and optimizations will be implemented by you with guidance from the Technical Director. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
You report into a (Technical) Development Director and be guided by the Technical Director, Mobile, who you will work with to ensure implementation aligns with strategy and priorities.
• Design, implement, and iterate on development tools for UX and UI art team
• Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems and support required functionality
• Communicate with other departments within the team and Activsion global community to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
• 5+ years programming experience
• Contributed on at least one AAA title as a UI Tools Programmer or equivalent
• Deep understanding of C/C++ and common scripting languages
• An ability to operate within a large, constantly-evolving C++ codebase
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on multi-platform projects
• Advanced understanding of UI content pipeline and tools
• Excellent communications skills
• Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
• Passion for video games, especially FPS games
• Familiarity with Lua programming.
• Aptitude for UX design
• Knowledge with computer related game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection, network programming
• Experience of working in cross- or remote studio environment
COVID-19 Hiring Update: While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry's best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We're looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We're highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got you covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11okm-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.