UI Lead - (Open to Remote)
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob's experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As a UI Lead, you will lead and grow a small team of UI artists, engineers, and designers to develop each of our game's unique interface to the highest standards of clarity, usability, and enjoyability. This role will report to the Engineering Director and collaborate closely with Design and Art leads.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, articulate, and maintain each game's unique UI vision and standards of its user flows, screen layouts, and individual components through wireframes, flowcharts, mockups, write-ups, or any means necessary.
• Review and steer the functional design of UI elements and screens to high usability standards in close coordination with Design and Engineering leads.
• Guide the development of UI aesthetics in close partnership with Art leads to support design goals and improve the game's accessibility and clarity.
• Lead a small team of UI engineers, designers, and artists.
• Lead by example - implement flows, screens, and widgets in-game when needed.
• Be the owner of standard processes; review, document, share, build knowledge and process within the team
• Extract usability insights from playtests, user research, and community feedback. Work with Production to translate feedback into scheduled, practical tasks to improve the user's experience.
• Partner with studio leadership to grow the team through new hires and development strategies.
• Strong understanding of user experience/technical design fundamentals
• Leadership experience
• Ability to deliver and receive feedback constructively
• Eagerness to support the team through direct contribution
• Preference to fail fast and iterate through feedback
• Attention to detail
• Experience leading UI team on a shipped game/product
• A passion for accessibility
• Experience and interest in mentoring designers and UI artists
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40w21-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.