Junior Photogrammetry Artist
As a UI Artist you will demonstrate outstanding technical knowledge of the process and practice of creating in-game UI artwork. You can conceptualize the tone, style, and direction of key visual elements-from unique assets and iconography-to larger thematic art styles that drive the over-arching art direction, and ultimately serves the desired UX language. You are comfortable with the execution of concepts and asset creation for engineering-using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or After Effects. Experience with 3D tools, 3D asset pipelines, and capturing in-game content is a bonus.
This role will report to the Lead UI/UX Designer, and will be expected to collaborate within a team of UI/UX designers and artists, engineers, and gameplay designers, to create intuitive systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI related artwork.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be a creative problem solver, good communicator and presenter of UI/UX work, and enthusiastic collaborator who revels in working with a passionate team, across multiple disciplines.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Exercise an intense understanding of games industry, interactive media art styles and aesthetics.
• Influence overall UI art styles and creative direction(s) through your work.
• Create and implement UI artwork within defined look & feel.
• Conceptualize, develop, present, and execute ideas on schedule.
• Iterate on art and design concepts based on feedback.
• Actively participate in artistic, design, and technical problem solving.
• Work to achieve consistency in art style and quality of one's own work.
• Contribute to group peer reviews and feedback in a constructive manner.
• Possess a strong graphic design background and/or understanding of design principles.
• Demonstrate understanding of the game's branding, design, functionality, and technical requirements
• Use in-house tools as appropriate and provide feedback to improve our toolset and pipelines.
• Troubleshoot, seek solutions, and ask questions.
• Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Have a passion for games and interactive media.
• Specialized training in graphic and interactive design or illustration from a 4 year program or equivalent level of professional experience required.
• Two to five years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.